The sissified Obama homosexual Air Force will no longer fire three volley salutes at veteran funerals
Obama Is A Wimp
2015-12-26 04:05:07 UTC
When a veteran or member of the armed forces dies, he or she is
entitled to a ceremony that includes the presentation of a U.S.
flag to a family member and a bugler blowing Taps. Most of the
time, there is a three-volley rifle salute if requested by
family members. But now, if the deceased served in the Air
Force, the three-volley salute is not an option because the Air
Force can no longer support riflemen for funeral services for
veteran retirees.

Seven member services for retirees included six members to serve
as pall-bearers, a six member flag-folding detail, and a three
riflemen to fire the salute. Veteran’s funerals now only receive
the services of two-member teams, who provide a flag-folding
ceremony, the playing of taps, and the presentation of the flag
to the next of kin.

“To me, without the 21-gun salute, it just does not make it
complete a proper military burial,” veteran Wayne Wakeman told
Honolulu’s KHON 2 News. “I think because of sequestration or the
lack of funds or whatever excuse they’re giving, that they had
to hit the veterans.”

Wakeman is correct in supposing the cut is due to sequestration,
the 2013 automatic federal spending cuts required by the Budget
Control Act of 2011.

Rose Richeson, from the Secretary of the Air Force’s Public
Affairs Press Desk, told We Are The Mighty the policy of
restricting the funeral honor is an Air Force-wide requirement.

“The requirement is consistent with DoD policy which require a
minimum of two personnel,” Richeson said. “Any number of
personnel above two that is provided in support of military
funeral honors is based on local resources available.”

A three-volley salute is the correct term for what is commonly
(though mistakenly) referred to as a 21-gun salute. There are
often seven riflemen, totaling 21. The origin of the three-
volley funeral honor lies elsewhere, according to the Tom
Sherlock, an Arlington National Cemetery Historian. A 21-gun
salute is reserved for Presidents of the United States or
visiting heads of state.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/24/air-force-will-no-longer-
fire-three-volley-salutes-at-veteran-
funerals.html?intcmp=trending

needtruth
2015-12-27 00:07:22 UTC
Post by Obama Is A Wimp
[...]
There is a solution to this problem, you know. Don't die. Ergo no
funeral needed. No internment, not flag folding, no "fake" 21 gun
salute, no nothing. I kind of opt for this solution.
--
-- --- truthneeded